Moni Aizik is the Founder and Chief Instructor for all of the Combat Survival Reality Based Institute programs which include:
- Commando Krav Maga (CKM)
- CKM WOMAN
- CKM KID
- CKM Law Enforcement
- CKM Military and CKM FIT
Moni continually sought to increase his knowledge of combative martial arts by frequently traveling to Japan to study and personally train under the technical wizardry of World Judo and Sambo Champions Iso Ikano and Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki. This helped enhance his passion for proper biomechanics and reality‐based fighting.
- Founder of the Combat Survival Reality Based Institute.
- Former Israeli Special Forces Elite Commando – Fought in Yom Kippur War.
- Former 7‐time National Judo and Jiu Jitsu Champion
- Trained many world‐renowned students including: Olympic & World Medalist, Yael
- Arad, International star and UFC Champion, Carlos Newton, Shooto star, Joel Gerson, UFC
- Fighter, Mark Bocek and more.
- Featured on several TV shows including: Human Weapon, History Channel, Weaponology,
- Discovery Channel, Celebrity Fit Club,Fight Network and more.
- On the cover of many well‐known martial arts magazines including: Budo International, Black
- Belt magazine, Inside Kung Fu, and Martial Arts Illustrated and more.
Through his studies he observed:
- Moves requiring more than two gross motor skills rarely work under extreme stress.
- You cannot rely on strength because there is always someone stronger.
Moni concluded you must train the way you fight in real situations, thus creating the first ever multiple-attacker sparring in reality-based training. Today these sessions are known as surprise attacks or pressure tests.
After his service to the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces), Moni expanded with his martial arts and combative roots by opening one of the top training centers in Israel called Maccabi Tel Aviv.
The school quickly became recognized as the defacto national training center in multiple styles including his new modern form of Krav Maga known today as CKM. Moni’s competitive students swept events with many national titles for individual and team competitions.
Moni sought to increase his knowledge of combative martial arts by frequently traveling to Japan to study and personally train under the technical wizardry of World Judo and Sambo Champions Iso Ikano and Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki. This helped enhance his passion for proper biomechanics and reality-based fighting.
Continuing on the success of Maccabi Tel Aviv back in Israel, his students at The Samurai Club dominated the Judo and Jiu Jitsu tournament scene, sweeping Gold medals at almost every competition.
Moni has the uncanny ability to bring out the best in people by helping them go beyond their perceived mental and physical limits.
2004 was a pivotal year for Moni and CKM. That year saw him release his first DVD demonstrating and teaching his own version of Israeli Krav Maga. The video became so popular that it spawned no less than twenty-eight more compilations of his mastery. All twenty-nine DVDs were met with enormous acclaim by the martial arts community, pushing Moni to world-renowned status among reality-based martial artists. Demand for both private and public appearances exploded after the release of the films, and thus Commando Krav Maga (CKM) in its modern form was officially open to the civilian sector around the world.
Today, Moni continues the work of developing and improving techniques and tactics for real-world scenarios. He travels the globe exploring and testing what really works in reality based defense against true attacks. Training hands-on with a wide diversity of practitioners and styles enables him to devise the best solutions for his instructors and students numbering in the thousands of followers in over 50 countries. Through his innovative boot camps, dynamic demonstrations at public seminars, and the progressively interactive CKM University Online, he continues to share and spread his concepts, philosophy and principles with civilians, law enforcement, and military around the world.